During IAC 2006 in
Place: The Chief Justice
Courtroom, Courtroom 430,
Time: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 at 12:40-14:00
Chiu-sen Wang CAART email@example.com (delegate)
Kaarle Hämeri FAAR firstname.lastname@example.org (delegate)
Phil Hopke AAAR email@example.com (delegate)
David Pui AAAR firstname.lastname@example.org (delegate)
Susanne Hering AAAR email@example.com (delegate)
Erik Swietlicki NOSA firstname.lastname@example.org (delegate)
Denis Boulaud ASFERA email@example.com (delegate)
Evelyne Gehin ASFERA firstname.lastname@example.org (delegate)
Veli-Matti Kerminen FAAR email@example.com (delegate)
Charles Clement AS firstname.lastname@example.org (delegate)
Helmuth Horvath GAeF email@example.com (delegate)
Michael Shapiro IAAR firstname.lastname@example.org (delegate)
Chaim Gutfinger IAAR email@example.com
Mansoo CHOI KAPAR firstname.lastname@example.org (delegate)
Sang Soo KIM KAPAR email@example.com (delegate until 12/06)
Jungho Hwang KAPAR firstname.lastname@example.org (not delegate)
Wolfgang Kreyling ISAM email@example.com (delegate)
Yoshio Otani JAAST firstname.lastname@example.org (not delegate)
Martijn Schaap DBAS email@example.com (delegate)
Coen van Gulijk DBAS firstname.lastname@example.org (delegate)
Aladar Czitrovszky HAS/invited email@example.com (not delegate)
Gilmore Sem invited firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The minutes of the 2005 IARA Delegates Meeting were approved.
2. No matters arose from the minutes.
Report on finance: On behalf
of the Treasurer, Don Clark presented the current situation. IARA account is
4. Report from the International Aerosol Fellow Award (IAFA) Committee: Committee chair Helmuth Horwath presented. The award is given every 2nd year and will be given this year for two winners.
5. Report from the Fissan-Pui-TSI (FPT) International Collaboration Award Committee: Committee chair Kaarle Hämeri presented. The award is given for the first time and in future every 4 years in connection with the International Aerosol Conference. There were 4 nominations (collaborating pairs) and the award will be given for one winning pair. Chiu-Sen Wang thanked Gil Sem and TSI for the original donation.
6. Discussion of the Fissan-Pui-TSI International Collaboration Award Bylaws and approval of the investment plan: a) Investment plan: Chiu-Sen Wang thanked Tony Wexler (former AAAR president) for investing the money through AAAR. The investment is done following the investment plan of AAAR. The investment plan was approved unanimously. b) Bylaws: Member associations have sent several suggestions for changes to the bylaws. These were collected to one document which was distributed for the delegates. The award will be given for the next time after 4 years and it was decided to postpone the discussion on changes to next IARA delegates meeting.
7. Report from the Fuchs Award Committee: Committee member Helmuth Horwath presented. The award will be given during the meeting.
8. Report of the IARA Web Coordinator. Web-coordinator Chuen-Jinn Tsai presented. The www-site exists and was updated last year. It provides links to member associations and contains other material such as minutes, bylaws etc. Monthly rent is $11.30.
Report of the IAC 2006 Co-Chairs: Presented by conference chairs Gil Sem
and David Pui. Currently 1225 registered participants, 48 participants followed
the History symposium, 470 registered for dinner, tutorials had an average of
10. Report of the IAC 2010. Presented by the conference chair Kaarle Hämeri: The preparations have started. The advisory committees will be formed and discussions with IAC 2006 organizers will be conducted.
11. Report on other international conferences to be hosted by representative
organizations. Tsai: Two conferences will be held in
12. Application for membership from Hungarian Aerosol Society (HAS). The application was presented by Aladar Czitrovszky. HAS was accepted unanimously as a member.
13. Other business. International Aerosol Fellow Award committee asks for candidates for the committee (6 needed). This will be organized through member organizations. David Pui invited current presidents to come up to stage for the AAAR celebration during the conference.
14. Election of Officers. New elected officers are: David Pui President, Kaarle Hämeri Vice-president, Mansoo Choi Secretary General, Alan Cussens Treasurer, Helmuth Horvath IAFA Chair. FPT award chair has still 3 years left.
15. Dates and venues of the next two meetings. The meetings will be organized in connection with EAC in Saltzburg 2007 and AAAR annual meeting in Orlando 2008.
Minutes written by Kaarle Hämeri